Thursday, October 20, 2011

Badminton
I am continuing Badminton with my peer Satyanshu Sapra as I have already done badminton last year. I have am developing skills which I didn't know already. For example although I was good in Smashes in Badminton although, I wasn't very good with my drop skills which is a skilled shot that people play in order to trick the opponent. In the following: -

This connects to my CAS criteria in which I increased my awareness of my strengths and my areas for growth. I have found that I need to develop my skills in drop shots although, I am good with smashes.

In my previous sessions I have undertaken new challenges as I have started playing badminton with my more experienced players which have been involved in badminton for more than 4 years. This shows that I have undertaken new challenges which connect to my CAS criteria. Evidences of this are shown in the following photos/videos: -

During this time when I have been attending my badminton classes regularly at a regular basis. I go to badminton every Sundays and Saturdays mornings with my peers. Some evidence for it is given below: -

This connects to my third CAS criteria that I have planned and initiated activities as I have been attending the Badminton sessions regularly.

In my Badminton of CAS I have worked collaboratively with my peers as I have been many doubles in Badminton with different people so that I can develop my skills for doubles as well in Badminton. I have been working collaborate as well because I have planned going to D.S. Senanayke college very weekend with my peers.

I have shown perseverance and commitment my activities as I have attended for the badminton sessions regularly. During the course of this activity I have seen some problems although I overcame them. For example in one of the sessions the College D.S.Senanayke was full therefore I couldn't play badminton there although, I went to another college called Royal college therefore I have overcame my problems during this time in badminton.

I have been involved in a sport that had a global importance. Badminton is very famous in a lot of countries now. People all around the world want to learn badminton and play it. It is an international sport.

During this semester there was one ethical issue. On November 12th there was another group which wanted to book the badminton court at the same time. There were some issues at that time as we decided to share our court with them. There was only one court for 1 hour therefore we got only 3 times to play. Out of these 3 times I did not get to play at all therefore for me it was a complete wastage of time. Our group started to have discussions with the other group as they played about 6 times. Having a srgument with them was not very ethical therefore next time I would try to adjust according to situation and not have a argument with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment