Sunday, September 18, 2011

Goal setting for Creativity, Action and Service

What is the importance of Creativity in CAS? And what are my goals for creativity?
Creativity is an important part of CAS it develops the person as a whole and tries to make the person think differently from other people and make the person more balanced. For the creativity section of CAS I am going to learn how to play guitar. Learning guitar was one of the things that I always wanted to do. It would relax me down and help me focus on my studies more. The goals are given below: -
1) Find a teacher for my guitar lessons. Most probably my teacher would teach me and my peer Satyanshu (Another Grade 11 student) together therefore I would reffereing to him from time to time.
2) Attend my classes regularly.
3) In the end try to perform a song in assemble infront of my school community.
For action I would have to 'Sweat'. In order to do so I have decided that I would go to badminton with my Indian community which would help me develop skills in badminton. I also have some prior knowledge in badminton which would challenge me a way becuase I would have to develop skills which I don't already have. Playing Badminton would keep me fit. The goals for playing badminton are given below:-
1) Develop new skills
2) Attend the sessions regularly with my Indian community
For Service I am going to join Library service. This would be a perfect match for the other things that I am doing in my creativty and action as it is not very physical but I would have to use my mind constantly in order to put the books in the right order. Although, this doesn't sound very challenging but sometimes it can be very challenging as somethings you have rearranging a whole shelf as none of the books are in order. For library service my goals would be as follows: -
1) Be attentive in the library services.
2) Attend the sessions regularly.
3) come up with new ideas in order to promote reading in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment